COVID-19 Important Information
ADE: Re-Entry to Onsite Summer Activities
Covid-19 General Requirements
After the Governor’s announcement today, we have been given the approval to proceed according to the 2020-2021 AAA calendar and handbook regarding practice and competition for all sports.
We continue to expect compliance with all directives as issued by the Governor and Department of Health. More information related to the directives will be issued as soon as it is released.
The General Requirements of the current Governor's Directive continue to apply. We will communicate new guidance as new directives are issued.
• Maintain minimum physical distancing of six feet between participants at all times, except when actively participating in the sports activity.
• Athletes, Coaches, and All Staff must be screened prior to any activity by asking the following questions and excluded if the answer is yes.
o Have had a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the last 2 days
o Have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell
o Had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
• Coaches and All Staff must have temperature checked by digital thermometer prior to entry, and those whose temperature is greater than 100.4°F must be excluded.
• Face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth are required for everyone 10 years of age or older for indoor sports. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for outdoor sports.
o Athletes - Face coverings are strongly encouraged when not actively participating in an outdoor sports activity. - Face coverings or masks must be worn during indoor sports where a face covering is not inhibitory.
o Coaches and Staff - Face coverings must be worn at all times for indoor sports and are strongly encouraged for outdoor sports.
• Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained in the locker room.
• An alcohol-based hand sanitizer or adequate handwashing facilities must be provided for use by all attendees.
• Sports equipment, restrooms, lockers, water fountains and other high touch surfaces must be sanitized frequently during each event. For a list of cleaning products that will eliminate the Covid-19 virus, visit https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-ndisinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2.
• Avoid non-sport related personal contact at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, huddles, high-fives, hand shaking, fist bumping, and chest bumping.
• For training and conditioning held in an athletic facility, the facility must follow the current Directive for Gym, Fitness Center, Athletic Club and Weight Rooms.